State of the Pooch: Good news!
1) There was no mass detected in his pancreas. This is good.
2) His blood sugar is now in the 100s (VERY good) with only 5 units of insulin today
3) He has calcifications in the kidneys, which is indicative of renal failure. Sounds bad, probably IS bad, BUT it can be managed with a change in diet and (tada) another pill!
4) No word on Addison’s. They’re testing him for that tonight.
5) He SHOULD be home tomorrow.
We’ll be going to see him tonight. I’m positive the good thoughts you all have been sending has helped him out of this little bind. Thank you! Thank you!!