Wooo! Friddaaaaaaaaaay! Time for my favorite way to break writer’s block: The Friday Five! This week’s topic is “Which * are you?” (* is a wildcard search operator, natch.)
1) The Seven Dwarfs are Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful, Grumpy, Dopey, Happy, and Doc. Which would be the easiest role for you to play today?
Today? Sneezy. I stayed at home yesterday with an earache and a mild fever. I’m trying to subscribe to the belief system that if you rest the first day of … something … it won’t last as long. And I could have gone to my doctor, but sheesh. I’ve been on so much antibiotics the last six months that I really want to go an illness without. Blame it on my peripheral background in pharmacy. This morning my ear no longer hurt and it just feels like a low-level cold.
Speaking of Disney…have you seen the trailer for Saving Mr. Banks? I was annoyed by Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in the various photos I’ve seen, but by the end of the trailer I was dork-smiling.
2. Santa’s eight tiny reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Which would be the most apt nickname for you today?
I’m cuuuuuude! I’m cuuuuude! (blows her nose) Did we forget about Rudolph? Yes? Okay. Comet, then, because I’m cold and dusty. 😉
3. The kids on Eight is Enough were David, Mary, Joanie, Susan, Nancy, Elizabeth, Tommy, and Nicholas. Which of these names have you known the highest number of? Which of these the least?
I wonder how many bloggers are thinking “What’s Eight is Enough?” I remember the show, but I didn’t regularly watch it. I’ve know many, many, many Davids in my life, and not a lot of Elizabeths.
4. The creatures in the Chinese zodiac are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, goat, horse, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. Forget which one you are according to the calendar; which one do you imagine yourself most like?
The calendar calls me a rat, but I think I’m a dog. Hardworking, loyal, sometimes lazy. And sniffy.
5. Each of the Five Chinese Brothers had a special talent: One could swallow the entire sea; one had an iron neck; one could hold his breath forever, one could stretch his legs as far as he needed; one could withstand fire. Which of these peculiarities would have been most useful to you this past week?
Whoa. Now that’s a story that probably wouldn’t be popular in today’s children’s libraries. Swallowing the sea would come in handy since I’ve been pretty thirsty this week.
There’s a craft show in Haddonfield this week that we might swing by. I haven’t been able to sit and make jewelery since December and it’s a bummer. I look at all of my supplies, get overwhelmed and leave. So I’m looking for inspiration. Usually these shows have something that makes me think “I can make something better!” Here’s hoping, because I really miss that hobby in a big way.
After a month-long plateau, I’ve started losing weight again. I’m up to 13 pounds lost, and I brought my own lunch to work every day this week.
And we marked our 1 year wedding anniversary last week, which still makes me smile. I’m very glad I took the plunge. When I was looking for anniversary cards for WM, each and every one fit. Every couple should have the opportunity to buy a wedding anniversary card for their SO.