Happy Friday! This week’s theme is … uh … Themeless!
1. You know those delicatessens that name sandwiches after famous people? What would be the ingredients of the sandwich named after you?
Turkey and cranberry sauce on wheat bread with a dash of pepper.
2. What’s your favorite part of staying in a hotel?
Having somebody else make my bed. And taking a bath, if the tub is deep enough.
3. What was the last book you read, and how was it?
I think it was Gone Girl back in October and it was delightfully messed up with many disturbing “whoa!” moments throughout. I didn’t like the ending, though. They deserved worse.
4. What’s something super-unhealthy you’ve recently eaten?
I had a Spiked Egg Nog cupcake yesterday from the Cupcake Carnivale truck near my workplace. Ooooo so good.
5. What do you do with all those Christmas cards with photos of friends and their kids?
They get tossed the same day as the non-photo Christmas cards get tossed. I’m not going to leave them up all year because they’re Christmas cards and they’re not frame-able. And chances are, I’ve seen the photos on Facebook or Instagram already.
And on the topic of weird Christmas traditions — this Elf on the Shelf thing? What is that? Did you parents really need an additional thing to stress about during the holidays? Is the whole Santa story not magical enough on its own anymore? I think it’s just another way to stress moms and dads into trying to win at Christmas.
And there’s another Friday Five in the books. This weekend I hope to get a bit of crafting done and some more cookie dough in the freezer.