ERGH. Who sang that song? Mister Mister? I know I can google it, but it’s somewhere in my head and I just have to find it. These questions look hard, so let’s dive in.
1. When has something miraculous or seemingly miraculous happened to you or someone you know?
2. When were you last part of an amazing coincidence?
3. What have you recently accomplished against magnificent odds?
4. In what way this week has luck been in your favor?
5. What was the last outcome you consciously decided to leave up to chance?
(Phil Collins? It’s Phil Collinsy…)
I’ve been staring at these questions for 20 minutes now and I’m coming up all blanks. So I’ll dump this here: I believe in miracles and coincidences. I believe in luck and chance and beating the odds. But … THANKFULLY and BLESSEDLY my life has been charmed (boring?) enough where I don’t have to rely on miracles and luck. It’s like when I donate blood and go through all of the screening questions – my life is thankfully and blessedly BORING. No mad cow disease. No accidental needlesticks. No paid sex. And I’m privileged enough to be able to finesse the odds when I really want something.
(Mike and the Mechanics? Yes! Mike and the Mechanics!)
I realize I’m completely jinxing myself here. I believe in that, too.
Here’s some good news: Max appears to be learning the concept of “step” during our walks. (Reminder: Max has lost most of his sight.) When WM and I walk him, we’ll chirp “Step!” before he has to go up or down a curb and then use the leash/harness to help him up or keep him from falling down. This week, when we say “step!” he stops and lifts a paw in front of him to “feel” what’s there. Good dog.
Have a great weekend!