Good afternoon and welcome to Friday. I decided to take an impromptu day off today because:
1) It’s been a while since I took a day off that didn’t involve baking, maintenance visits, or doctor appointments
2) Although TNP is ramping up for our Annual Meeting in just a few weeks, this begins the quieter part of my year. I do a lot of data pulls related to marketing the meeting and for the committee and board meetings that’ll take place during the meeting. (meeting! meeting! meeting!) So my advance-prep is done, and I can ease back into my own agenda. Which is making sure our database isn’t in flames, in case I never told you what I do.
3) I found out a few weeks ago that I have more PTO than I thought. I had days left over last year and they rolled over into this year. So I have an extra week, even after budgeting for a Disney trip and maybe another beach trip in August.
What to do? Maybe I’ll get my yearly haircut. Maybe I’ll swing by a bookstore. Or a bead store! Or maybe I’ll just sit here all day in my pajamas and drink coffee.
Baby shower update: RSVPs are starting to trickle in!
This week’s Friday Five theme is In Your Ear, which has the potential for waxy grossness.
1. What is a most pleasant sound to wake up hearing?
2. What is a most pleasant sound to fall asleep hearing?
Answer for both: Beachy noises. Ocean waves, distant seagulls.
3. What’s a more annoying sound: car alarms or leaf-blowers?
Car alarms. At least the operator of the leaf-blower is there with it. The owner of the car with the alarm going off is far away from the car in question.
4. What’s a sound most people seem to like but you hate?
Newborn baby crying. That baby needs something. Go take care of it and stop letting it squawk to amuse you.
5. What’s a sound most people seem to hate but you like?
Boy bands, Top-40 music from the 80s and 90s.
It’s currently a downright-balmy 41 degrees here, so I think I will venture out for a few hours. Enjoy your weekend!